Sunday, October 5, 2008

Big bang theory for this blog

Writing has never been my passion , though I do (love to) think a lot.I have noticed my inability to express things clearly to others , most of the time because of thinking while talking.Having said that ,I would also like to mention that this isn't a new thing for me ,for some reason I find not-able-to-explain things quite cool and kinda geeky!

Much off late , this has become a problem for me , reason is simple:Recently , I have been interacting with people who like to listen crisp and clear points and I have started giving up explaining things to such people.So this is the high time I should do something about it and hence this blog.

This is probably 7th+ attempt towards writing. keep trying unless you get it!

I used to write poems during my school days in Hindi . Now though writing poems and writing a document is a different thing but both requires you to have the ability of expressing your thoughts in words.One day while contemplating on this problem , I broke down the problem in to following pieces:
1)Thinking clearly : this is very important and obvious too. You cant write clearly unless you are thinking clearly. Clearly means objectively , not digressing from your point etc.
2)Finding words : Thinking in term of words ! This is slightly difficult part. What I mean here is when you think about something in abstract form ,some of the time you don't have words(sentence , flow of sentences) to explain it . So you got to bring you thinking level to a point where you can find words and most importantly find a paragraph that makes sense.
3)correct flow: Flow is the essential part to make your writing excellent. You may have all your ideas written down properly but unless you arrange them in a sequence , it is only half done. Finding the right way to arranging your thought is the key for other people to understand things.
4)Don't give up:

After noting down all these points ( I left many points here , too lazy to write ( or the inability??) ) , I realize I suck almost in all points. But finding right flow is probably the difficult part for me.This also fits properly with my inability of not able to follow up any sequential things like a list of instructions . I like unstructured and free form strings. but usually "what I like" is not the best things.

I wish I could be a good writer!

No comments: